The news this morning from American Airlines and US Airways re: the new management team held no surprises. The line up is what we had expected and had discussed at length last week in PlaneBusiness Banter.
The majority of the top positions at the new American will be filled with current executive team members from US Airways with three exceptions.
· Doug Parker, CEO (Doug will assume Chairman position after first board meeting post-close; current American Chairman and CEO Tom Horton will be acting Chairman until that time as previously disclosed.)
· Scott Kirby: President
· Elise Eberwein: Executive Vice President, People and Communications
· Bev Goulet: Chief Integration Officer
· Robert Isom: Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer of US Airways, Inc. post-close
· Steve Johnson: Executive Vice President, Corporate Affairs
· Derek Kerr: Chief Financial Officer
· Maya Leibman: Chief Information Officer
· Will Ris: Senior Vice President, Government Affairs
We had expected that current SVP of Government Affairs for American, Will Ris, would be staying on with the new company. This is good news. He will now report to Steve Johnson, EVP of Corporate Affairs.
We would guess that Bev Goulet, who is currently working with US Airways COO Robert Isom on the integration process, will stay in her role as Chief Integration Officer until the integration process has been completed.
Also good news — Maya Liebman will be CIO of the new company.
The company also announced that Dan Garton will be leaving his position with American Eagle later in the year. No replacement for him was announced.